Time frame: On double period for preparation and completion of the paper. One single lesson for marking.
1. Split the class into three or four groups.
2. Give the class a generic rubric with the criteria that you wish to see such as knowledge, critical thinking etc.
2. Get each group to put together an assessment that can be used for the other group.
1. Have the class site each others assessment. (Bearing in mind that with the same rubric the criteria will be the same)
2. In the follow up lesson have the class in groups mark the papers that they have created including writing three pieces of feedback on what needs to be revised more or improved.
Example: I have used this with my Diploma History class where the group have put together Paper 1 source papers for each other and answered each others source exams.
With younger students I usually give them a much wider scope on the nature of the task.